Starting with a Well Stocked Pantry
- A well stocked pantry will let you arrive home at the end of a busy day, with no meal planned, and still have fun creating something delicious.
Variations on Roasting Vegetables (an easy “one pot” meal and relax while they’re roasting)
- Portabellas, Zucchini, Potatoes with Cumin
- Using Turnips,potatoes, frozen veggies
- And clean up is super easy!!
- Browse the blogs for many more roasted veggie combos.
- Fruit and Garbanzo Salad (in the Roasted Veggie less chopping blog)
- Lettuce, apple, sweet potatoe ( in the Roasted Portabella..)
- Salad with tofu (in Last-nights-dinner-adds-punch-to-todays-simply-delicious-salad)
- 10 Salad Variations
Making Vegetable Stock
- “How to Make Home made Vegetable Stock” video
- No fuss veggie stock – make while your cooking your meal
- Bring veggie scraps and water to a boil and simmer for at least 45 min. Strain or puree and freeze in various size containers.
30 Minute Meals
- Quick veggie stew
- 29 Minute meal from scratch!
- Assembling the ingredients before you begin ensures everything is included and efficient timing!
Making a Tasty Base for soups, stews and any veggie stir “fry”
- How to make MirePoix – a great starting place for so many meals!
- Learn about different seasonings in this roasted veggie blog
- Try Mexican Spices in this 29 Minute meal
- Laying out your seasonings prior to beginning can inspire your cooking!
- Kale – a nutritious cruciferous leaf is easy to incorporate into any meal
- Something happens when you freeze kale,
allowing it to cook for less time to soften. Adding this last when roasting ensures it keeps a bit of texture
Cooking Without Oil
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cream Soup – read how to cook your veggies without oil
- This “What’s in the fridge?” blog has good pictures and description of cooking without oil.
Less Chopping More Flavor
Packing a Healthy Lunch
“Inventing” a Recipe
- Try a “what’s in my fridge?” meal
Can’t find what your looking for? Use our search tool!